Monday, December 27, 2010

Ten Things I'll Tell My Daughter About the Blizzard of '10

For once there is a real live blizzard outside. Usually there is a little snow on the ground and New Yorkers panic. I say New Yorkers in the sense of Manhattan and the surrounding areas; people upstate, such as Buffalo, consider this a minor dusting.
  1. Trudging through this to watch pro wrestling from the third row at Madison Square Garden. It was awesome!
  2. The face plant the Chinese food delivery guy did on Butler street when his BMX bike skidded and lost control. He was wearing a helmet - which is why the story is funny. Yes I did ask him if he was okay.
  3. Correspondence between my friend Ken and I last night.

    Me: Heading to WWE at Msg!
    Ken: But it's a blizzard
    Me: 22 ton F train v 6 inches snow. F train wins!

    The F train stopped running at 11 PM as Danielle and I were on our way home. Snow wins!
  4. Danielle and I jumping into snow banks and snow drifts to avoid cars in the road as we trudged from Burrough Hall.
  5. Listening to the AC covers barely keep the snow out - we had put on the last AC cover that day
  6. Work pro-actively telling us to work from home home
  7. Climbing into the bathtub to strip off my snow covered clothes when we got home
  8. Being happy to live in an apartment complex and not having to shovel
  9. Feeling really bad for the two parents who had a bunch of luggage and two small children when the F train was canceled. I hope the R train got them where they were going.
  10. Being really happy that we went to the garden since I get to wear my I'm Awesome! Miz t-shirt and Danielle got to grin like a small child when Cena came out.
Yeah, we're the people who celebrate going out in the weather like this. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment