Monday, December 27, 2010

Ten Things I'll Tell My Daughter About WWE Wrestling at MSG

Danielle has an autographed picture of John Cena in her at office. For a gift I got her the John Cena ringtone and she grins like the cheshire cat whenever someone calls her. I mention these since whenever I told people we were going to watch Raw at Madison Square Garden the day after Christmas they wanted to know how I could make my pregnant wife suffer so.

Suffer? She was the one who bought the tickets and she is the one who chose to get us third row seats. Oh, did I mention she wrote a job into our wedding vows about watching pro wrestling together?

Top ten things/memories/whatevers from last night at Madison Square Garden...during a blizzard.
  1. I finally bought an I'm Awesome! Miz t-shirt. I have never ever owned a wrestling t-shirt before. Danielle doesn't like the new style of John Cena t-shirts & said she'd feel like a traitor for buying a much cooler Randy Orton t-shirt since there was supposed to be a fatal four way that night
  2. The place was 57% full - most of Long Island couldn't get in since train service had already been suspended. Despite being a house show it was still loud.
  3. John Cena fans emit a high pitched shriek equivalent to the noise a dolphin makes.
  4. When the steel cage was being erected (final match was changed from a fatal four way to Cena v Barrett) I managed to engage referee Charles Robinson in a short conversation. I haven't seen Danielle that impressed with me in a long time.
  5. I was one of few people cheering for the Miz. Actually the guy in front of us turned to me and as he grinned said, "So you're that guy, huh?"
  6. There were a lot of teenage girls decked out in Cena Nation gear. I say this since I am now much more aware of what teenagers wear. At least it isn't pink.
  7. Danielle now refuses to sit anywhere except way up front now.
  8. The woman sitting next to us knew all the words to Randy Orton's "I hear voices" song. I was mildly impressed yet fearful
  9. The following are impressive finishers live: the Cobra, Starship Pain, and the Bella Twins. Not as impressive: The Throwback and the RKO. That may be the geakiest sentence in a while for me
  10. When people wonder WHY you would go to pro wrestling you should take them. It takes the spectacle of a broadway show, tosses in some rock concert, mixes in with the athletics of a football game and sprinkles with the passion of a your team being down but having the ball for the final play.
Did we "brave" a blizzard to go. Absolutely. Did we have to trudge back through snow to get home? Absolutely. Would we do it again? Positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment