Friday, March 9, 2012

In bed early & my father lies

My father used to sleep - as near as I could tell - about 4 to 5 hours a night. I asked him about it once to which he replied, "As you get older you'll need less sleep."

Certainly a cool thought. In college I didn't sleep much, post-college seemingly even less, I hit 30 needing even less sleep, as I sprinted toward 40 I...holy sweet mother of Jesus I need to sleep. It came out of nowhere. I just figured I was blessed with decent genetics and was one of those people who loves life so much he couldn't get enough of it.

Hah!

Yeah, right. Youthful exuberance mixed together with youthful ignorance.

If I don't get seven hours then I zombie-fy after about two days. I could say this has something to do with sleep deprivation from Sienna's early days except I spent fou--five--years at college doing this.

I followed up with father. He laughed at me. Love when my father laughs at me.

"You'll get sleep when she turns 18 and by then you'll be used to non-sleep. I didn't want to scare you off children by telling you that."

Can't wait to find out what else the man was less than truthful about.

Now I'm trying to get to bed early - hello early-bird specials! - try to grab sleep.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment