Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Continued Adventures of: Mommy is out of town

Sienna and I continued our father/daughter bonding last night. She helps me out by performing gestures that are so simple that I am able to understand them.

For instance, she crawls over to her high chair when she is hungry, grabs the edge of it and starts crying. I am okay that putting her in the high chair stops her crying while trying to pretend that I don't notice that the chair gives her the same exact comfort I provide.

When she is done eating she turns her head and pushes me away with her hands. Sometimes I push the issue - not in a forceful way, thank you. When she tires of me pushing the issue she takes the food or spoon looks me directly in the eye, then casually drops the item on the floor while her eyes never leaving me.

When it is time to dance she wobbles back and forth while flapping her arms like a bird. This also doubles as, "Pick me up!" though she has added "uck!" to her vocabulary. Probably because there is a time for dancing and a time for holding.

At 5 o'clock in the morning light crying means "time to come get me," heavy crying while being put in the boppy and handed a bottle of milk means "I want boob!", and a huge smile after finished her bottle means "Thank you. I love you. Now put me back to bed."

See. Sienna is teaching Daddy already.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment