Friday, February 24, 2012

A Good Laugh to End the Week

"She dancing on a, like, tabletop when they met. Uh, how does she expect him to, like, respect her when they had sex right away. No wonder he, like, flirts with you."

"You're right. I shouldn't, like, have given him head though."

"Are you going to go the wedding?"

"Yes. Uh, I'm sure she'll look pretty."

The last statement was delivered with the type of indignation reserved for someone replying to the world's dumbest question ever. I almost took a half step back from where I was standing for that final reply.

The two women having the conversation finished stirring their coffees (or tea - I didn't exactly look into the cups) and then wandered off to where ever.

I may just stand around the kitchen - specifically next to where the hot chocolate mix is - and listen to conversations. I bit back the urge to interrupt to ask for some clarifications. I resisted the urge after ever sentence.

I may not be able to look at co-workers the same way after this. Sometimes you learn just a little too much about them. Okay, that isn't true. I REALLY want to have a follow up conversation and ask for some sort of crazy stories from the two women talking since if the casual kitchen conversation is that risque I can't wait to hear what they would say after one or two shots.

Or maybe I don't want to hear the story as I may weep for humanity or some other type of judgemental, I'm-a-Father-Now crap.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment