Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Danielle's First Birthday with Sienna

The statement marks the next chapter in your book of life. When you are born it is "your first...when you roll over" the statement continues to evolve from your teenage years, to college, to post-college, to engagement, to marriage* to "your first...since the baby was born." Danielle's favorite birthday with me was her "first birthday as a couple when I took her on an airplane ride around the city."

I celebrated Danielle's first birthday since Sienna was born by taking the day off from work. What can I say? I am still a romantic at heart when it comes to my wife. What did we do with Sienna on Danielle's first birthday?

Left Sienna in daycare for most of the day!

I dropped Sienna off then Danielle and I went into the city to start the birthday day. We picked up comic books - we knew her Buffy trade paperback was waiting- we went for a couples massage, a great lunch at the Tea Room consisting of a lamb sandwich and an eggplant sandwich, then we did a little shopping at Babies R' Us and THEN...

...we picked up Sienna from day care a couple of hours early. We then took her to a local store to buy a really cool toy that we saw someone elses child with.

We love our daughter dearly, yet a great day together is great. A day with daughter is great too. Let us continue with day here...

While Danielle played with Sienna on the floor at home I ventured out to do laundry** Danielle then put Sienna in the Baby Bjorn as we picked up our laundry and proceeded to push it around Brooklyn while we stopped off at the fish store in preparation for a pasta/shrimp/sausage dinner.

Some reading time with Sienna and then Danielle and I made dinner together. Then we did what all married couples with a child do...we went to bed a little early.

Danielle called it her best birthday ever.

Wayne

* Actual path may change depending on person reading the story

** We are practical people

No comments:

Post a Comment