Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Flying Spaghetti Monster & Other Would-Be Deities

In a world of monotheism I find it always amusing when an article talks about a Sports God, or a God of Commerce, or a God of Wisdom. We are a world that even has the Flying Spaghetti Monster who wikipedia helpfully states is "the deity of the parody of religion."

I thought I'd add a few of my own. Those I think about on a daily or semi-daily form.


  • Caffeinus The God of Coffee and caffeinated beverages. It (gender neutral purposely) has a large and dedicated amount of followers. The motto: Give me your tired...

  • Hypocrus For those who say one thing and do another. Popular among fear mongers, politicians and hedge funds. The motto: It is just business

  • Sporticles If a God could be willed into existence this one would already exist. Maybe it already does. The motto (for winners) Yes! Thank you God! (for losers) No! Why God why?

  • Parklypus People worship this God receive excellent parking karma. Motto: I DO find a spot

    Don't forget about Parkyplus's city dwelling twin...

  • Subwaylypus. Patron Saint of Subway riders. Dedicated followers receive excellent subway karma. Who wouldn't worship this would be deity? Motto: I am on time

  • Loosus Patron Saint of small change. Divine inspiration in those times of not enough time and not enough change. Motto: I have 37 cents? What do I do with that?

Really those are the top ones I can think of in my daily adventures.


Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment