Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Randomly (Needed) Great Day in Brooklyn

"He is married to someone in the Village People."

I found out that someone I helped hire last year is married to someone in the Village People. When that is only the SECOND strangest experience you have in a week, chances are you are going to need a weekend day to relax.

Danielle and I promised each other that we'd have one day exclusively to ourselves to spend with Sienna every weekend. Or at least really really try. The result is we had the type of day that is similar to so many other days we'll have in our lives. The type of day where, at the end of the day, you are just smiling at everyone and in a really good mood. The type of day that you forget about two days later - not because of any particular event, only because the day was consistently fun.

What did we do? We had no plan other than to do minimal chores.

Slept late (as late as one does with a child), Danielle read the newspaper (a real live newspaper!), I made coffee and then played Civilization, we fed Sienna when she woke up, we put Sienna in her stroller and took her around Brooklyn, we fed Sienna, we went to brunch (sitting Sienna on the table, which is my favorite new game), we fed Sienna some more, then we went around to stoop sales and a huge flea market. We came home. Danielle and Sienna took a nap while I finished my Civilization game. Then we all went back out, picked up some groceries, came home, fed Sienna again (I may have missed Sienna eating at some point), made dinner, fed Sienna and put her to bed.

It was really just a great day of all of us together. The kind of day I am happy I have blogged about since someday Sienna will see this and know sometimes the simple pleasures are the best pleasures.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment