Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why I Wasn't at Yankee Stadium (Again) in the Corporate Seats (What?!)

Life isn't strange sometimes, it is the equivalent where you cry so hard you start laughing.*

If last year was the Year of the Stadium Visit with trips to Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Camden, Wrigley, and even the Staten Island Yankees then this is the year of Happy Home with Sienna.

I know fatherhood would change EVERYTHING - I didn't expect it would involve the Yankees so much since other than a lot of cursing over the years my life hasn't EVER involved the Yankees.

My boss (again) sent out an email about free tickets. Only this time is was Yankees v Red Sox game and it was to sit in the Corporate Seats. Capital letters as they are really good seats.

I've already posted how I've never been to this particular game. How it has been a dream of mine. Right? To sit in the Corporate Seats is an experience where it involves FREE FOOD. As a fan a free ticket is one thing, free food is another, and free beer makes it the Holy Grail. I suppose it is also good if your team wins.

Danielle was working the game at Citi Field and Grandma the baby sitter had guests in town. The seats were also located five rows behind the Red Sox dugout, so having Sienna sit on my lap and get him by a line drive would not look good on my parenting resume.

My co-workers went. They had a good time. I am happy for them. There really isn't anything else to the story. I was at home with my laughing daughter as a game I barely gave a second thought to played in the background.

Wayne

*If this happens with Playoff or World Series tickets then you can expect this blog post to have a lot of cursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment