Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things I'll Tell My Daughter: What Mommy & Daddy Watched on TV

It is important to explain to Sienna what Mommy & Daddy were watching in 2011. Okay, not really. I just wanted to review the shows in our DVR and I like lists. Unfortunately she will use this list against us in the year 2018 takes place.

ME: Sienna, how can you watch this? It's terrible.

SIENNA: You used to watch HIMYM and it was even worse. Remember that thing - what was it called? A blig you posted on! Oh no it was a BLOG. Whatdoesthatevenmean, Dad?!

Sienna then uses her subcutaneous chip to take over the holo-tv and shows me this entry.



  1. Big Bang Theory. A+. Another show that is defying the tradition of sitcoms of peaking, failing when it attempts character growth, and then returning to the tried and true formula. BBT has added two really strong female characters the last two years, an antagonist the form of another female character, and made it that everyone is generally likable. It is like Chuck Lorre figured out that throwing more female characters into a show about how guys reacted to females in the first place might give more humor. That he made the female characters likable is why it works. The rest of the world should take note.

  2. Friday Night Lights. In its final season this continues to be an A+ show. Or I should say returned to being an A+ show after an A+ first season, an abomination of a second season and a third season that I'd generously call a C. Some PHd student should write a dissertation on how this show managed to make a comeback after overturning most of the cast and becoming 8 million degrees of awesomess. Naturally it is being canceled after this season.

  3. Grey's Anatomy. A. After two really down season this show suddenly became awesome again. Its secret: it stopped focusing on Meredith. She is a victim of bad writing, so I only half blame her. This show could just do scenes with Sara Ramirez and Sandra Oh and I'd be eternally satisfied.

  4. The Office. B. Very interested to see what happens now that the main character is gone. Another standby favorite that makes me smile at least three times an episode.

  5. 30 Rock. B. I like this show. Though I can't really tell you anything that happened this season. Oh yes I can. Matt Damon was on as a pilot. Alec Baldwin also had a baby and somehow the show did not jump the shark.

  6. Shameless. A-. Every now and then a show comes out of nowhere and catches you by surprise. Anything could happen on this show and I would completely believe it. From teenage sex addicts, to car thieves, to an opening credits that makes you go, Wait, what was that?

  7. WWE - RAW. C. Hit or miss - though easily fast forwardable. Danielle has her favorites (John Cena and Randy Orton) and I have my favorites (anyone trying to take out Cena or Orton).

  8. Jersey Shore. A+ (anything without Ron & Sammie) F (anything with Ron & Sammie). I will split the difference and give a C- due to too much of F and not enough of A+. A guilty pleasure. Heck I won't even call it guilty. You have to celebrate what happens and hope your daughter never ends up on this show or any other MTV reality show. Seriously - would I rather have Sienna become a stripper or being on an MTV show? I have asked other parents at work this very question and nobody answers it other than to turn a really weird color.

  9. Glee. D. After a terrible season finale which was preceded by some really bad and horrible episodes I have to question why we bother with this show. It pretty much killed the goodwill it gained from having John Stamos on a bunch of episodes and Brit Brit OWNING every single scene she is in.

  10. How I Met Your Mother. D. We watch this show out of habit. A habit that is likely to end as there are still two more seasons to go of the show before we meet the mother. I used to be able to relate to the people on this show. I can also tell Ted why he hasn't met his mother: he is a needy, whiny, creepy, baby.

There you have it. What Danielle and I were watching the year Sienna was born.


Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment