Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ten Things I'll Tell My Daughter: My Top 10 Video Games

Yeah. I'm loving lists right now. Everyone loves lists. Again, in no particular order I introduce Sienna to video games that Daddy love(s/d).


  1. Civilization Revolution My love affair with this game follows the same path as addiction. My friend Mike introduced me to it, my mother-in-law bought me a copy, and I can't stop playing it. I've tried. Lord how I've tried. As a one and two month old Sienna used to sit on my lap and I would explain historical concepts to her using this game.

  2. Street Fighter 2 I played this game way too much in High School and was good - then I started hanging out with the Asian kids in the game center at UMass and they took my game to a whole new level. I'm not being racist people, there were ten Asian kids who used to surround the Street Fighter 2 game in the center and beat the heck out of non-Asians (in the game), battle to draws until the final round at which point they would play for real and for some reason accepted me as one of their own.

  3. Tetris To this day I am upset that my friend Dennis can beat me at this game. Everyone else I can take. Not Dennis though.

  4. Billy Beane Baseball. Danielle was a reporter when she got a test copy of this game for review. I miss her being a reporter as I would free books and games all the time. This game let me be a GM. Sure the AI was flawed and it took me a short time to game the system. Still. I loved it. Apparently I was the only one though.

  5. Rampart Someday someone will come up with a console that will allow this game to be a popular home game on the Xbox. It involved a track ball, building castles, and blowing up the enemy.

  6. Madden Franchise mode was the greatest invention ever. Ever. EVER!

  7. Tecmo Bowl I am convinced that without this game all other sports games would not have come to pass. You can have hours of conversations to this day about what picking each team meant as some sort of reflection of your personality.

  8. Paper Boy Danielle destroys me in this game so it makes the list.

  9. Ms Pac Man Danielle beat me in this game the first time we ever played. I claim it was because I was outdrinking her with a 2-to-1 ratio in New Orleans. In the subsequent rematch I had her outdrink me by a 2-to-1 ratio (also in New Orleans) and I won. That is correct. I got my future wife drunk so I could beat her in a video game.

  10. Legend of Zelda Oh my God did my friends and I take this game seriously. To this day I hear the music and do a combined twitch/smile.

  11. (Freebie) Contra I have already talked about this game.

There you have it. Video game dork list.


Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment