Saturday, June 11, 2011

Softball Game Followup

Softball Followup

Oh yeah. The game.

We made it to the semi-finals with a victory, though it was certainly NOT thanks to me. The other team forfeited! Since it was 100 degrees out at the time I understood and since the other team had already made the playoffs too there wasn't much reason to play for standings positions. After all it IS softball.

Through the complications of rules of tie breakers we finished 2nd in the division and get the home game on Tuesday. I guess we were not playing for first place after all, goes to show you what I know.

The day turned weird/fun from there. Since we had the field anyway seven of us - Jason, Matt, Mike, Marc, Eric, Laura and myself too Matt up on his suggestion that we go throw the ball around and have some BP. Pursuant to the fact that I have not played in a month (and that Danielle said it was okay) I joined in.

After three throws on the field...downpour!!!!!

As we are UMass graduates we piled into two cards and went to a bar where we ate 35 cent wings and drank beer. Great time had be all. Or at least what I can recall of it.

Real game followup on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment